This month was another great month of growth!! I’ve only “officially” started this whole design business venture the end of December, and it’s crazy to see how much has changed already and how much will change in the future! This month was a fantastic month for me. Some highlights included 3 guest posts, and being featured on the GoDaddy blog (The Garage)!
I’m going to share the goals I have completed over the past month, what I have been doing to grow a community, what I am using to make an income, and my google analytics report. Maybe one day I will share my income report as well?! As for now, I’m making pennies so we will see about doing that in the future.
Goals Completed in February
- Slowly growing my email list by continuing to offer freebies and content upgrades.
- Wrote 3 Guest posts!
- Created 1 WordPress Theme (Coffee)
- I was featured on GoDaddy’s blog!
- Finished up my services page
- Started my first giveaway (free design service) for my email subscribers
- Did my first twitter chat with my twin sister & music therapist, Lela Geist
- Finished up Lela’s website and created a logo for her
- Finished my first course!
- Came up with a plan for my 2nd course – Create a Beautiful Blog
- Set up my portfolio
- Did a couple logo designs for 99designs (didn’t win but it’s great practice!)
- Revamped my website some more (created a start here page, added what I offer to homepage, finished services page)
How I am Growing Community
- Mastermind group – We also talk throughout the day on facebook chat. I love having my little community right there while I am working! 🙂
- Being a part of twitter chats and fully participating. My favorite twitter chats are – #loveurself #createlounge #creativecoffeehour & #nectarchat. Also my own twitter chat – #coffeeandfeelings …obviously.
- Facebook groups and utilizing them to answer and ask questions. My favorites are Blog + Biz BFFs, Being Boss, Gena + Jordana & Your Magical Business, The Peony Project, and Christian Business Community.
- Joining periscopes. I have yet to do my own periscopes where I don’t play my guitar or play pictionary with the scopers haha. That’s what I used to back in the day… but I haven’t done any business related scopes yet. I love watching Periscopes though and joining in on the community there!
- Collaborations. I love being interviewed for other people’s post and interviewing other’s for my own blog. I am going to try to think of more ways to do that!
Books/Resources I am Obsessed With
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear* (affiliate link)
How I am Making My Income
- Pre-made themes and logos. That’s it for now.
Google Analytics Reports
- Sessions- 914 (-63)
- Users- 560 (+62)
- Page views- 6,531 (+59)
- Top social media referrer – Twitter
Followers and Subscribers
- Twitter – 512 (+114)
- Instagram – 295 (+18)
- Pinterest -343 (+62)
- Facebook – 58 (+7)
- Newsletter subscribers – 72 (+38)
Goals for Next Month
- Complete 2 free design services from my giveaway
- Create my paid course
- Win a logo design contest (or 2??) on 99designs.com
- Create 2 WordPress themes
- 150 email subscribers
- Continue writing one post a week, being sure to add content upgrades often.
- Keep learning about design and illustrator!