This month was another great month. I’ve taken on a few opportunities, and although I feel stressed about those opportunities (and excited), I am letting that feeling help me decide which direction I should go in life. In counseling a couple weeks ago, we talked about what is important to me in this business, verses what my confidence level is. I feel that I sometimes mix up what is important to me and my confidence level. For example, do I not want to do this opportunity because it isn’t important to me or because I have low confidence in myself?
I’m learning how to define myself and how I don’t have to live in an “orphan” mentality where I only take the scraps offered to me, but in fact live into my royalty. I can decide what I want to do and how I want to do it, and I can ask for the food that fits my tastes – just like a Queen would. And that isn’t selfish, it’s the truth. If I am in the mindset of a victim all the time, I am going to live that way. That’s what I’ve been learning this month. I am building this life for myself, so I am going to make it fun and exciting! Why the heck not?
I decided what is most important to me in the online world I am creating is bridging the gap for fellow creatives between themselves and their online presence. That’s why I am doing this. I want to help creatives manifest and reveal their unique self through design, encouragement, and tips. I want to help them display themselves the best they can in their own little online world and give confidence through amazing design, encouragement, and tips that help them truly reflect who they are to the world. So, that is going to be my focus this next month. Everything I do is going to come down to that mission.
I actually took this month pretty lightly and didn’t do too much work because I was feeling pretty burned out from all these amazing yet draining opportunities coming my way. I listened to my body and my mind and decided to take a week off and do some other things like Uber driving, hiking, and watching Netflix. Now I am back in the swing of things and feeling like I hit the refresh button in my brain – especially after taking the time to reflect on what is truly important to me.
Oh – ALSO! I am so excited. Jacob and I want to go overseas for our next trip and I am going to be saving all of my income and using that to pay for everything. It’s going to take several months, but it’s keeping me super motivated! I think it will be super rewarding for me once I actually make enough money on my own to pay for our adventure! We are thinking Thailand right now, but that may change.
Goals Completed in March
- Slowly growing my email list by continuing to offer freebies and content upgrades.
- Completed my first 2 giveaways and had a great experience! I will be trying to do one a month from now on.
- Created 1 WordPress Theme (Lemon)
- Got my first couple of clients for some design work! They found me through my GoDaddy interview – so that has been really great.
- Released a free course on simple WordPress tutorials for beginners.
- Planned and recorded a bunch of videos for my second course.
- Added a few things to my portfolio.
- Added a new PSD web design service
- Sold a few WordPress themes
How I am Growing Community
- Mastermind group – We also talk throughout the day on facebook chat. I love having my little community right there while I am working! 🙂
- Being a part of twitter chats and fully participating. My favorite twitter chats are – #loveurself #createlounge #creativecoffeehour & #nectarchat. Also my own twitter chat – #coffeeandfeelings …obviously.
- Facebook groups and utilizing them to answer and ask questions. My favorites are Blog + Biz BFFs, Being Boss, Gena + Jordana & Your Magical Business, The Peony Project, and Christian Business Community.
- Joining periscopes. I have yet to do my own periscopes where I don’t play my guitar or play pictionary with the scopers haha. That’s what I used to back in the day… but I haven’t done any business related scopes yet. I love watching Periscopes though and joining in on the community there!
- Collaborations. I love being interviewed for other people’s post and interviewing other’s for my own blog. I am going to try to think of more ways to do that!
Books/Resources I am Obsessed With
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear* (affiliate link)
How I am Making My Income
- Pre-made themes and logos
- WordPress client work
- Uber (yes I became an uber driver this month. So that has been a source of income.. 🙂 )
I am making a couple hunderd dollars a month right now, which for me is pretty exciting! Hopefully I’ll get up to a full time income soon!!
Google Analytics Reports
- Sessions- 1,160 (+246)
- Users- 746 (+186)
- Page views- 5,046 (-1,485)
- Top social media referrer – Twitter
Followers and Subscribers
- Twitter – 547 (+35)
- Instagram – 301 (+6)
- Pinterest -406 (+63)
- Facebook – 68 (+10)
- Newsletter subscribers – 121 (+49) (WHAT!)
Goals for Next Month
- Complete 1 design service giveaway
- Finish and launch my paid course
- Come up with a marketing plan for my new course
- Create 2 WordPress themes
- 200 email subscribers
- Continue writing one post a week, being sure to add content upgrades often.
- Keep learning about design, WordPress, and illustrator!